Drain and Sewer
Indoor Air Quality
- 20% Off Repairs for Plumbing, Heating, A/C and Electrical!
- Spring Is Here! Free Water Heater with Purchase of a Complete A/C System!
- Now Offering $79 A/C Tune Up Special!
- LIFETIME Warranty on 14 & 16 Series Goodman Complete Systems
- Happy Hour 2-5pm
- Hydro Jet Your Sewer Line
- 15% Off
- Get $50 Give $50 When You Refer a Friend!
- All Specials
Sump Pump Systems and Service in Plano, TX
Flooding into basements and crawlspaces of homes is something that can occur even in places such as Plano, TX. A simple plumbing accident can result in torrents of water gushing into the lower parts of a house and causing extensive damage. The best way to plan for these disastrous events is to have a plumbing installation that will automatically remove the water: a sump pump.
Finding the right sump pump for your home and having it installed is easy when you call on Hutchins Plumbing & Air Conditioning. Our plumbers have a wide range of skills and extensive experience with many kinds of plumbing jobs, including sump pump replacement and installation. They are also on-call to help out with repairs and regular maintenance needs for residential sump pumps. Let us see that your home in Grayson or Collin Counties has the flooding protection it requires.
The Role of the Sump Pump
A sump pump is installed in the basement or crawlspace of a house, where it collects excess water that builds up in an excavated pit (the sump) and then safely removes the water into the wastewater system or a well. A sump pump is invaluable in the case of flooding from hard rain or a burst water line in a house, sparing the homeowner from the high cost of water damage remediation as well as from damage to valuable personal items. Sump pumps are also useful as keep out gradual moisture build–up in homes that have a high water table. Keeping the basement or crawlspace dry helps prevent higher humidity in a house and the growth of mold and mildew.
Sump Pump Installation Options
You cannot simply purchase a sump pump and have it installed on your own. The sump must be excavated, the pump chosen to match your home’s needs, and then attached to the plumbing system. There are many different sizes of sump pumps, but overall there are two broad types from which to choose:
- Pedestal sump pump: The pump sits on a pedestal that is over the sump, and a pipe runs down into the sump. The impeller motors draw water up from the sump and then send it into the wastewater system. Pedestal pumps are simple to maintain and have long lifespans, but they also lose some efficiency compared to the other pump type.
- Submersible sump pump: The pump is house down within in the sump itself. As soon as water rises around it, it activates to draw the water into it and then send it out of the sump through a pipe. These pumps use less energy, but they also wear down faster because of their exposure to water.
Sump Pump Repair and Sump Pump Maintenance
Along with our sump pump replacement and installation services, we also handle the important jobs of repairing and maintaining sump pumps. You should always have your sump pump inspected and cleaned before the start of the rainy season, and it requires a professional to take on this job. If at any time your sump pump begins to malfunction and cannot quickly drain water from the sump, contact us and we’ll have a plumber out to you as soon as possible to fix the problem.
With our 40 years of experience serving homes in in Plano, TX and the surrounding areas, Hutchins Plumbing & Air Conditioning is the company to call for all your plumbing needs.