Drain and Sewer
Water Treatment Systems
Indoor Air Quality
Duct Repair and Replacement in Plano, TX
If you have central air conditioning and heating, then you have long stretches of ductwork made of sheet metal and plastic running behind your walls, along your attic, or even through your floors. This ductwork carries conditioned air from your heating and cooling systems into your home and then back through another set of ducts. Given that ductwork is mostly hidden from sight, you likely wouldn’t notice if something was wrong with them.
Ductwork damage—such as a crack or leak—leads to wasted energy, which means wasted money. If you suspect that you do have ductwork damage, then it’s important to confide in a professional with Hutchins Plumbing & Air Conditioning to repair or replace your ducts. Our Plano, TX professionals offer a variety of services to maintain and repair ventilation systems, including breached ductwork. We’ll find the source of the breach and let you know what repair work and other services may be necessary.
Choose Professionals for Your Duct Installation and Replacement
Many homeowners are tempted to handle ductwork installation and repair on their own. Installation is not an appropriate DIY project, since if you don’t know what you are doing you can cause more harm to your ducts than good. As for repairs, that’s what duct tape is for, right? Unfortunately, no, duct tape—despite its name—is not intended for ductwork repair. Many times, it can be poor installation that caused the damaged ducts to begin with, so allowing our professional to access the ducts and take care of the job will ensure it’s done right and that your ductwork will last as long as possible.
Does Your Ductwork Need Repair?
How do you know if your ductwork needs repair though? What are some telltale signs?
- Rising utility bills: When gaps or holes exist in your ductwork, or your ducts are starting to fall apart, then they can lose up to 30% of the air moving through this. This does not equate to high efficiency, and will cause you to waste money.
- Rattling noises: When ducts or the joints that connect ducts are loose, then they will create a rattling sound when the heater or air conditioner turns on. The ducts will flex due to changes in the heat, which makes the rattling sound even louder.
- Low airflow: Since air is escaping through damaged ductwork, air pressure will drop, and you’ll notice sluggish airflow coming from the vents. If you observe cold or hot spots in your home, then be sure to feel the vents to see if low airflow is the verdict.
We Offer Complete Ductwork Services
Most homeowners don’t think much about the "ventilation" part of "HVAC." However, a damaged ventilation system can have a significant impact on the effectiveness and efficiency of your entire heating and cooling system.
- Duct Sealing: Up to 30% of the air inside your ventilation system can escape because of ductwork leaks. Before you assume that "duct tape" is the obvious solution to this, remember that duct tape is not aptly named, and you will need a professional from Hutchins Plumbing & Air Conditioning to adequately seal your ducts with the right type of mastic sealing.
- Duct Testing: Duct sealing is a beneficial and convenient service, but how do you know when you need it? Call on our Plano, TX professionals to conduct duct testing, where we will use tools to determine if your ducts have occurred damage, leaks, or even inefficient construction and installation.