Drain and Sewer
Indoor Air Quality
- Spring Is Here! Free Water Heater with Purchase of a Complete A/C System!
- Now Offering $79 A/C Tune Up Special!
- 20% Off Repairs for Plumbing, Heating, A/C and Electrical!
- LIFETIME Warranty on 14 & 16 Series Goodman Complete Systems
- Happy Hour 2-5pm
- Hydro Jet Your Sewer Line
- 15% Off
- Get $50 Give $50 When You Refer a Friend!
- All Specials
Electrical Wiring and Rewiring in Plano, TX
Professional electricians provide many services for homes, such as installing new electrical panels and wiring up indoor and outdoor lighting. But at the core of the electrician’s job is wiring. Wires, after all, are how electrical current flows from one place to another. Most electrical jobs will require working with wiring in some capacity, and there are times when the wiring will be the entire focus of the job, such as replacing outdated wires in an old home with safer, better insulated new wiring.
It takes a licensed professional electrician to work with residential wiring, regardless of how large or small the task is. You’ll find the trained and experienced electricians to take care of your wiring needs in Plano, TX and throughout Grayson and Colling counties at Hutchins Plumbing & Air Conditioning.
Do You Need Rewiring for Your Plano Home?
The amount of electricity used in homes has increased substantially over the year, even during just the last decade. People now use electrical outlets in their houses to charge a variety of devices, and there are more electrical appliances drawing on the power supply than ever before. Older wiring often cannot handle such demand, and in these cases a house may need to be partially or completely rewired. It’s not only a matter of practicality, but also safety, since older wiring can create fires if its heats up too much and lacks proper insulation.
If your home is older than 50 years, it almost certainly needs to be rewired if it hasn’t already. There are some other signs to look for that will indicate rewiring is a smart idea:
- Constantly tripped breakers: When circuits get too hot, a breaker will trip to prevent fires. Older wiring that can’t handle the amps for newer appliances will cause breakers to trip on a regular basis.
- Charred outlets and switches: If you see discoloration on outlets and switches around your house, it means faulty wiring is causing small fires.
- Wiring is made from aluminum: Aluminum wiring was in use up until the early 1970s, and it is much more likely to create fires. If the wiring jacket has "AL" on it, it means you have aluminum wiring.
Even a small rewiring job to replace a section of faulty wires must be left to licensed electricians. You shouldn’t risk a high voltage shock by trying to do it yourself, and any amateur work could easily violate the local electrical code and make your house much less safe. Call professionals electricians to help you decide whether you need rewiring—and then leave the work to them.
We Offer Quality Home Wiring Services in Plano, TX
Our electricians provide other wiring services for homes. If you need to have new wiring installed in your house (for an add–on room, new lighting, new appliances, etc.) we’ll take care of the job fast and make sure it’s done right the first time. We can also fix wiring problems fast with repair work: our electricians are standing by day and night to answer your call. We’ll radio–dispatch a truck fully loaded with the equipment necessary to see that the problem gets fixed on the double.
You can trust our entire electrical team at Hutchins Plumbing & Air Conditioning with any service you might need. All our electricians are licensed with the state of Texas.