Drain and Sewer
Indoor Air Quality
- 20% Off Repairs for Plumbing, Heating, A/C and Electrical!
- Receive $100 Off a New Garage Disposal Installation!
- Save Big! $79 Pre-Season Tune Up Special!
- LIFETIME Warranty on 14 & 16 Series Goodman Complete Systems
- Happy Hour 2-5pm
- Hydro Jet Your Sewer Line
- 15% Off
- Get $50 Give $50 When You Refer a Friend!
- All Specials
Plano, TX Zone Control HVAC Systems
Central heating—and especially central cooling—is one of the great benefits of modern living in Plano, TX. In the past, these systems have come with a lot of disadvantages, namely the “all or nothing” way that most were able to distribute conditioned air. Whenever the blower for your furnace, or heat pump or air conditioner, comes on, it sends air to each of the vents throughout your home. This includes rooms that are unoccupied and don’t require comfort control. Not only is this inconvenient, but it’s also wasteful. While you may think that shutting vents in rooms that don’t need the heated or cooled air will help, it could actually damage the HVAC system due to increased pressure in your ductwork.
A zone control system installed by Hutchins Plumbing & Air Conditioning resolves this. When installed as a component of your HVAC system, zone control heating or zone control cooling allows you and your family to manipulate what rooms receive conditioned air. There are various benefits to this type of system, and our professional technicians are happy to assist you with any questions you may have about them. In fact, our office staff is available 24/7 to meet all of your needs. Give us a call whether you’re looking for zone control installation or replacement, repairs, or maintenance.
How Does Zone Heating and Cooling Work?
In order for zone heating and cooling to work, a series of dampers are installed throughout your ductwork, which is connected to your heater and air conditioner. The dampers are able to close off areas of the ducts that lead to the vents without increasing the pressure through the remainder of the ventilation system.
Localized thermostats then control each of the dampers and also control the changes necessary from the AC and heater as different dampers cut off airflow to particular zones. The whole network may be controlled from a central thermostat, and you are able to determine how to divide the home into zones. A zone control system can consist of as few as two zones or as many as there are vents in your home.
The Benefits of Zone Air Conditioning and Heating
There are numerous advantages to installing zone heating and cooling, which we’ve highlighted below.
- Conserve energy: Perhaps the biggest benefit of zone air conditioning and heating is how much you’ll cut down on energy use. This is especially beneficial for large homes where certain rooms are often unoccupied, like guest rooms.
- Individualize comfort: Since each zone has its own controls through localized thermostats, people can adjust the climate to suit their personal preferences. This means no more household arguments about what temperature the thermostat should be set at.
- Match room use: While a kitchen may require cooler temperatures based on how much cooking you do, a study or an infant’s bedroom may need to be a bit warmer. You can adjust the temperature as needed to match each room with a zone control system.
We Offer Repairs and Maintenance for Zone Control Systems
The best way to utilize zone controls for a home is to make them part of the installation of a new central HVAC system. And the best way to ensure that your zone control system runs as efficiently and effectively as possible for the years to come is with a HVAC maintenance plan from Hutchins Plumbing & Air Conditioning.
Whether you are looking to install a new HVAC system or retrofit a zone control system to an existing HVAC system, our professionals are here to help. Give our office staff in Plano, TX a call. We are available 24/7 to assist with any zone control system questions or needs that you may have. We’ve been in the business for 40 years and pride ourselves on our priority service.
Give us a call or schedule an appointment online today!