Drain and Sewer
Indoor Air Quality
- Now Offering $79 A/C Tune Up Special!
- 20% Off Repairs for Plumbing, Heating, A/C and Electrical!
- Spring Is Here! Free Water Heater with Purchase of a Complete A/C System!
- LIFETIME Warranty on 14 & 16 Series Goodman Complete Systems
- Happy Hour 2-5pm
- Hydro Jet Your Sewer Line
- 15% Off
- Get $50 Give $50 When You Refer a Friend!
- All Specials
Heat Pump Systems and Service in Plano, TX
Heat pump systems serve as two-in-one comfort devices that operate as a forced-air heater during the winter and an air conditioner during the warmer months. The technology behind heat pumps continues to advance, and as it does, heat pump installation becomes increasingly energy-efficient, leaving you with various, effective options for your home comfort throughout the year.
Whether you are looking for a new heat pump installation, or your current system needs professional service, you can count on Hutchins Plumbing & Air Conditioning to provide you with quality services throughout Plano, TX and surrounding areas. We’ve been in business for 40 years and we offer our customers 24/7 service and same-day repairs. We are happy to discuss your heat pump installation options, in addition to any other HVAC system needs you have.
How Do Heat Pump Systems Work?
How exactly does a heat pump pull off the task of functioning as both a heater and an air conditioning system? While mysterious to many homeowners, the process is actually pretty intuitive. Essentially, your heat pump takes the components of an air conditioner and allows it to change the direction that it operates. You likely already understand that the outdoor unit of an air conditioner releases heat outdoors while it’s operating. Imagine your air conditioner running backwards, so it was releasing heat into your home. This is basically what a heat pump does. With a quick adjustment of your thermostat, the heat pump reverses the direction that its refrigerant moves through the system, causing the indoor and outdoor coils to switch jobs.
Why You Should Consider a Heat Pump Installation in Plano
Not all homeowners will benefit from a heat pump system. If you are considering a heat pump installation, it’s best to call upon the licensed HVAC technicians at Hutchins Plumbing & Air Conditioning in Plano, TX to ensure you’re making the right choice for your home. However, there are some very valid reasons that a heat pump installation may benefit you:
- Two–in–one comfort system: If you’re already considering replacing both your AC and your heater in your home, then you may as well replace it with a single system that provides heating and cooling in one place.
- Saves Energy: Heat pumps do not burn fuel in order to create heat. Instead, they use electrical power to move heat. Therefore, they are much more energy efficient than competing cooling or heating systems.
- Safety: Many homeowners today worry about how save it is to use gas power in their homes. While today’s systems are designed with safety in mind, you do not have to use gas for heating your household if you choose to install a heat pump. In fact, heat pump cabinets don’t even get hot while they’re working.
We Offer Heat Pump Repair and Heat Pump Maintenance Services
Because these systems provide both cooling and heating, homeowners use them all year–round. While this has many benefits, it also means that a heat pump performs much more work over the course of a year than a traditional air conditioner or furnace. Therefore, a lot of stress is put on the system.
By having your heat pump regularly maintained, you’ll be alerted to small repair needs before they become larger, more costly emergency repairs. You’ll also be ensuring that your system runs as efficiently as possible for as long as possible. Additionally, when you enroll in our routine maintenance program, you’ll receive 20% off repairs and a 3–year parts and labor warranty.